2020-09-07 Senior Expert for Department of Geography and Regional Research
The University of Vienna / Department of Geography and Regional Research is currently
looking for a senior scientist (praedoc) in Geoecology to support the Core Facility for Long Term Ecological Wetland Research which we are opening. Facilities include eddy covariance towers with carbon dioxide, water vapour and methane sensors, autochambers and spectroscopic isotopic greenhouse gas analyzers.
Duration of employment: 3 year/s
Extent of Employment: 30 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.Job Description: Tasks include:
- Supervision, maintenance and development of field and laboratory facilities, e.g. maintenance and supervision of our Long Term Ecological Wetland Sites (https://www.lter-austria.at/en/cwn-sites-puergschachener-moor/ and https://www.lter-austria.at/en/cwn-sites-lake-neusiedl/ and https://www.lter-austria.at/en/cwn-sites-lake-neusiedl/ )
- Taking responsibility as technical supervisor of the Core Facility for Long Term Ecological Wetland Research
- Full involvement in the Core Facility administration, including project management and the acquisition of new instrumentation
- Support of project applications and independent acquisition of third-party funding
- Writing articles in international publications in high impact journals and presenting at international conferences
- Independent teaching as defined by the collective agreement
- Involvement with, and scientific support of, research groups, projects, guest researchers, and international collaborations
- Participation and presentation at international conferences and international publications in high impact journals
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at ) no later than 21.09.2020, mentioning reference number 11269.
For further information please contact Prof. Stephan Glatzel: +43-1-4277-48660.
For more Information and full job description please visit the following website: https://univis.univie.ac.at/ausschreibungstellensuche/flow/bew_ausschreibung-flow?_flowExecutionKey=_cDD544C69-C4DE-C36B-8D52-358B78D145C3_k61148FC3-CB29-FA1D-F99E-C1A128CDE869&tid=81367.28
Eintrag am schwarzen Brett erfolgte am: 2020-09-07